Saturday, January 12, 2013

A New Year...A Huge Goal

1st January, 2013

This morning I got out my goal book, as I do on every New Year’s Day. I wrote down a few aspirations for the coming year – ones to do with family, work, finance and fun.

I thought about my health & fitness goals. I hesitated before putting it in writing. Should I, shouldn’t I?

Then I set the scariest, most exciting, most ambitious goal I’ve ever dared to dream.

To run a marathon.

I’ve turned into a bit of a goal-setter and go-getter over the past couple of years. But usually the goals are ones that aren’t TOO far-fetched. Ones that are a bit of a stretch, but still realistic. When I put it in writing, I want to know I’ll succeed.

I’ve never been so uncertain about a goal, as I am about this one. I’ve been debated whether or not to set it for the past week. One part of me knows I can do it if I really set my mind to it and commit. The other part of me wonders what on earth I’m thinking!

But now it’s set. The wheels are in motion. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment