Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The 3-year-old PT


This is my daughter, Hope.  She is 3 years old and her favourite colour is pink.  She loves Dora the Explorer and Angelina Ballerina.  She is my biggest supporter and the best Personal Trainer I could ask for!

While she pulls on a pink tutu as much as any 3-year-old, she also loves to don her sneakers and go for a good old run around the park.  After going to the Lions match last weekend, she now dreams of playing football.  And she is always asking if she's old enough to do the 5km parkrun by herself yet :-)

She is a constant source of encouragement as I run with the pram.  I often hear calls of "faster, mummy!" or "you can do it!" She is a welcome source of distraction as we run along, too.  She wants to know what each footpath sign says, or what that lady's name is, or if we're at the playground yet.

Hope limbering up before parkrun!
A couple of weeks back I decided to do some hill runs with the pram.  I wasn't feeling super energetic that day, so I told myself I'd do 3 laps.  Well, Hope had different ideas!  She decided we were doing 5.  I got to the end of 4 and was feeling pretty exhausted so announced we'd be going home.  The little voice from the pram calls out "no mummy, that's only 4 - one more to go!"  Well, what could I do but one more lap?  She is very good at counting!

Whenever she sees me doing push-ups or squats or sit-ups, she always wants a turn.  She helps me count, or she sits on my lap, or she takes over herself.  She loves to stretch as well, so I always have company when I'm doing so!

When I started exercising just over a year ago, she wanted in right from the start.  We made this video of my little PT and I love it!  Here she is, barely 2 years old:


I love that an active and healthy lifestyle is part of Hope's everyday life.  She looks forward to parkrun each Saturday so much and I love that she's around a community of runners so regularly!  She and Jed are the reason I embarked on this journey and they motivate me each time I get out there.

I am thankful every day for my 3-year-old PT!

No comments:

Post a Comment