Friday, September 27, 2013

On The Run!

26:20 at Sandgate parkrun
Oops, I've been meaning to post all week, but time is precious when you're a mum on the run & it seemed to get away from me this week!

I had to share my excitement from last Saturday's parkrun.  It had been 3 weeks since my "return from injury" Sandgate parkrun - at that one, which was 31st August, I'd run with the pram in a time of 27:06.  Funnily enough, 2 weeks later when we visited Wynnum, I recorded exactly the same time (but wasn't going for a fast one that week).

So, I was back at Sandgate last week and positioned myself for a good start so I could set a good pace.  I pushed myself pretty hard, and felt like a couple of good weeks of solid training had me well-placed.  I was pretty happy to come away with a time of 26:20 - an improvement of 45 seconds.

BUT that's still about 2:30 off my pram PB of 23:52.  Next week we are having pace runners at Sandgate, and it's my turn to run, so I'm going to try and stick with the 25 minute runner for as long as I can.  I'm not expecting to crack the 25, but if I can get under 26 minutes I'll be happy.

I also had my longest run since the marathon this week, with our Wednesday night running group, the Bayside Breeze.  We had 45 people turn up and I ran with a group of 4 other ladies.  We chatted the whole way and the 11km flew by!  Although it was my longest in ages, it was also one of my easiest - the power of distraction!  We finished in a time of 1 hour 5 minutes, and it was soooo nice to run in the cool night air, have great company and to unwind with a drink at the local wine bar afterwards!  I just love the running community we have!

I'm really enjoying my running at the moment - although it's starting to heat up in the afternoons.  Will keep you posted on next week's parkrun time :-)

Enjoying a well-earned beverage at the Cardigan Bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment