Friday, March 8, 2013

Morning Running, How I Love Thee



Every runner has their favourite time of the day to pump the pavement.  For me, I have come to enjoy the afternoons, but my heart lies with the morning run.

For with the morning run, the air is crisp and fresh.  You can witness that moment when the sun bursts through the clouds and announces the new day.  People are friendlier and happier (although, people are always friendly and happy at Sandgate!)  You can tick exercise off your list before you even properly start your day.  And you simply feel great for the rest of the day.

So in saying all that...I rarely get to run in the morning.  I get up for work at 4:15am every weekday, which rules out any morning exercise :-(  I get to run at parkrun every fortnight, but the 7am start there is a bit later than what I really love to do (at this time of year anyway!)

But this week, I have returned to my first running love.  With Dean away for work, I am having to take some time off work.  I am really cherishing my mornings at home with the kids, and am love love loving being able to run in the morning!

The kids are up at 5:30am, so I grab them each an apple, a couple of books & toys and head out straight away.  They've been so well behaved in the pram and I've just loved getting out there.  I just have to share the absolutely stunning views that I've been able to run with this week - absolutely breathtaking!

If you don't do morning runs, give it a go sometime!  Especially if you can get near some water - it is such a treat and I find nothing more motivating than a stunning sunrise.  No excuses - set the alarm and get out there!





This one didn't last for long!

...and of course, the best view of all, my two gorgeous little running buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment